Halong Bay 2 Days 1 Night Cruise
See the highlights of Halong Bay on this classic itinerary featuring cave and beach excursions, visit to a floating pearl farm with the opportunity to kayak as well as a range of family-friendly, on-board activities.
|12:00 – 12:30||Check-in at Emeraude Café|
|12:30 – 12:45||Embarkation|
|12:45||Captain raises anchor|
|12:45 – 14:00||Lunch at the Restaurant|
|14:00 – 16:00||Free & Easy. Guided shore excursion to Hang Sung Sot (Surprise Cave)|
|16:00 – 16:30||French Crêpes on the Sundeck|
|16:30 – 17:30||Pearl farm tour or Kayaking (nominal fee applies)|
|17:30 – 18:30||“Buy 2, Get 1 Free” Happy Hour|
|18:00 – 18:30||Cooking demonstration (Vienamese Summer Rolls) on the Sundeck|
|18:30 – 19:00||Complimentary nibbles on the Sundeck|
|19:00 – 21:00||Dinner at the Restaurant|
|20:00 – 22:00||Squid fishing (seasonal)|
|20:30 – 23:00||Movie showing “King Kong: Skull Island” (partially filmed in Halong Bay)|
|6:00 – 8:00||Light refreshments on the Sundeck|
|6:30 – 7:00||Scenic Tai Chi session|
|Around 7:45||TiTov Island (Swimming or Hiking)|
|9:00 – 9:30||Cabin check-out|
|9:00 – 10:30||Brunch at the Restaurant as the ship cruises through the bay past Fighting Cock and other picturesque islets|
|11:00 – 11:30||Disembarkation and luggage claim at Emeraude Café|
- Superior cabin aboard the Emeraude
- Welcome cocktail & chilled towels upon check in
- Full meals on board
- All activities (excluding kayaking fee)
- Halong Bay entrance fees and tourist tickets totaling VND 590,000 per person and government taxes.
- Full 2 Days / 1 Night itinerary aboard Emeraude Classic Cruise
What‘s not included
- Drinks (alcoholic & non-alcoholic)
- Kayaking fee (optional)
- Transfer between Hanoi and Halong Bay
- Emeraude Cruise will be on dry dock from 16th May, 2018 until 25th June, 2018 and will not operate during these dates.
- Kayaks can be booked at Reception (nominal of USD 12 per single-person kayak for 30 minutes).
- Timings and activities in the above itinerary should be viewed as suggested only. Emeraude Classic Cruises reserves the right to alter the ship’s course, itinerary, activity and shore excursions without prior notice, depending on various factors including operational / weather / tidal conditions, local authority restrictions, etc.
- Meals may be served as set menus when there are fewer guests.
- Smoking is prohibited in the cabins and restaurant. Ashtrays are available for outdoor use.
- Thank you for helping to keep Halong Bay clean by using provided garbage bins.
Cave of Surprises
Early French explorers dubbed this massive 10,000 sqm cavern “Grotte des Surprises”, or “Cave of Surprises”, for its thousands of stalactites and stalagmites. Walk up a steep set of stairs to enter the first of three chambers. The spacious interior is well-lit with even paths throughout. After exploring the cave, head down by a different exit. Don’t forget to stop at the viewing platform for great vistas over the bay.
Named after Russian astronaut Gherman Titov, the second human to ever orbit the earth, Titov Island with its pretty sandy beach is currently the only spot in Halong Bay where swimming is permitted. The more physically fit can head up the 400 or so steep steps to the very top of the island for expansive 360-degree views over the bay.
The clean, calm waters of Halong Bay are ideal for pearl farming. Visit a floating pearl farm and see the many steps to cultivating freshwater pearls, including a fascinating demonstration of how the oysters are seeded and then nurtured for years in hopes of creating beautiful pearls including South Sea and black Tahitian pearls. There’s also a showroom and cafe on site. The placid waters around the pearl farm are also ideal for kayaking (small fee applies).